Making your very own homemade face masks can be beneficial for skin because of all the natural ingredients being used. Many people don’t realize the several benefits that many fruits, vegetables and other foods carry. These are especially beneficial for your skin! Keeping your skin hydrated, and free from free radical damage is key to having healthy skin for longer periods of time. Make sure to keep reading on to find out some homemade facial masks that help to improve your skins overall health!
Everyday our skin is exposed to extreme toxins and chemicals called free radicals. A more technical term would be atoms or groups of atoms with an odd number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. A free radical can be something like sun exposure, pollutants, smoking and much more. With these easy homemade face masks and the variety of ingredients used will be sure to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy again. Each natural ingredient has been closely studied by several certified researchers and have proven their benefits as well.
What Are These Homemade Facials Masks?
Avocado and Honey Mask: 1/2 ripe avocado, 2 tablespoons honey & 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil.
- This homemade face mask works great for dry skin. If you deal with dry, peeling, and scaling skin this mask will provide replenishing moisture, while helping to heal an chafed or raw areas.
- Mash or puree the avocado until it is smooth, then blend in the rest of the ingredients. Apply to face and leave for 10-15 minutes. After gently wash your skin with a damp, warm cloth.
Oatmeal Mask: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon honey & 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened yogurt.
- This is another great face mask for soothing any rough and irritated skin, such as eczema and acne breakouts.
- Add the water to your oatmeal and stir until its plumped nicely. Add the honey and yogurt, and put through a blender until smooth. Apply all over your face and leave for 10 minutes. Gently wash face after your 10 minutes is up.
Antioxidant Mask: 1/2 ripe papaya (peeled, seeded and sliced), 1/2 teaspoon of honey & 1/4 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice.
- Papaya is rich in antioxidants and the enzymes help to slough away old, dry skin cells for a glowing healthy complexion .
- Puree the papaya until mash evenly and then blend in the other ingredients by hand. Spread all over your face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Gently wash face afterwards.
Brightening Strawberry Lemon Mask: 1/4 cup mash strawberries, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon yogurt & 1 tablespoon honey.
- Strawberries contain salicylic acid, while lemon juice helps to tighten pores and remove dead skin cells. Yogurt and honey provide antibiotic properties.
- Blend all of the ingredients together, but do not puree in a blender. Apply evenly all over your face and let it sit no longer than 10 min. Wipe off with a warm, damp, facecloth.
Redness Reducing Mask: 1.5 tablespoon oatmeal, 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey & strong-brew green tea.
- Rosacea can often leave our skin reddened and blotchy and sometimes bumpy as well. The apple vinegar cider helps to stabilize the pH balance in your skin, while the oatmeal lessens irritation and other ingredients soothe and moisturize.
- Blend the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, then add 3 tablespoons hot, strong green tea. Stir regularly for a few minutes, adding tea as needed until you’ve create a thick paste. Apply to your face and let sit for 10-15 min. Rinse your face with cool to warm water.