Figuring out your skin type is a lot easier than you would think! There are so many ways to finding out the type of skin you have form at home quizzes to figuring it out online to visiting a dermatologist. Now there are four different skin types that one can have and those are dry, normal, combination and oily skin. When it comes to taking care of your skin it depends on which type you are dealing with. In this article you’ll learn about how to find the type of skin you have, and how you can take care of the skin that you are in!
One thing that you probably didn’t know is that the fact your skin can change several times throughout your lifetime. During the summer you could be dealing with oily skin from the extreme moisture and the protective products we put on our skin and then come winter you probably experience extremely dry skin because of the lack of moisture that surrounds the air! It’s important to pay attention to the way your skin changes. For example. if you’re dealing with extreme acne and breakouts you most likely have oily skin or if you have itchy and flaky skin then most likely you have dry skin. Keep reading on to find out how to figure our your skin type!
How To Figure Out Your Skin Type?
Now like I mentioned, you can figure our your skin type in more ways than one. However, in this post we’ll teach you a simple at-home way to find out the type of skin you are currently dealing with. It’s an important first step to understanding your skin type, so that you can correctly treat your skin with the right products
- Step 1: Wash Your Face. Cleanse your face with a gentle facial cleanser and pat dry. Make sure to remove your makeup before hand. This cleans away oils and dirt that may have accumulated during your day, giving your skin a fresh start.
- Step 2: Wait. Wait about an hour because during this time your skin should return to its natural state. The characteristics of which will determine your skin type. Make sure that during this time you don’t touch your face.
- Step 3: Dab your face with a tissue. Make sure to pay attention to the T-zone on your face, which is the area of your forehead and nose.
- Step 4: Determine your skin type. Like you already know by now, there are four different types; normal, combination, oily and dry.
- Normal skin shows neither oil nor flaking skin. It should feel supple and smooth.
- Oil skin is characterized by the grease on the tissue. It is also common for a person with oily skin to have large pores and a shine.
- Dry skin may feel taut or show flakes of dead skin. It is associated with small pores. Moisturizing is important for this skin type.
- Combination skin is most common. It exhibits traits of all three of the above skin types. Usually, the skin is oily in the T-zone and normal to dry elsewhere.
- Step 5: Know what problems your skin could have. There usually two problem categories that your skin may fall under, as well as your skin type. These categories are:
- Sensitive Skin. If your skin reacts easily to regular skin products. This means that when you use regular skin products, your face will get red, itchy or a rash could form.
- Acne-Prone. You may still get pimples/acne if you’re not going through puberty. If you have acne prone skin, look around for good acne products.