Retinol or also known as vitamin A has become one of the most important ingredients that you can apply to your skin. Are you familiar with what this ingredient is? Do you every wonder the benefits of this ingredient can do to your skin? This ingredient has said to have received a good deal of attention in the world of skin care and has been one of the most researched ingredients on the market today! Several studies have shown that this ingredient provides impressive benefits to your skin not matter what your skin type is! Learn more about this amazing ingredient by reading on!
As I had already mentioned, retinol is also known as vitamin A. This is a powerful antioxidant and works to interrupt the free radical damage process that causes skin to look and act older. This ingredient ultimately works to stop wrinkles from forming and increase collagen production. It is also said to be effective at managing acne and eczema, as well as improving discoloration and wrinkles from sun damage. The main purpose of retinol is that it is an effective cell communicating ingredient, which connects almost any kind of skin cell and tells it to behave like a healthy, younger skin cell.
What Is The Importance Of Retinol?
Retinol is typically broken down into more potent compounds, which are referred to as retinoids. Each has its own distinctive actions and regulations. Below are a few points to clarify retinol.
- This is a cosmetic ingredient that any beauty company can include into their products. It does not require a prescription.
- It is also effective because once its absorbed into your skin, it can be broken down and converted into retinoic acid. This is a compound that actually can affect skin cells and their behavior.
- These are both cosmetic forms and the prescription forms of vitamin A can cause irritation.
- You can reduce the irritiation of retinol by using effective skin care products that do not contain irritating ingredients.
- Prescriptions retinoids include retinoic acid.
- Lastly, all forms of retinol have similar, although not identical, functions and provide truly impressive benefits for skin, which explains their popularity int he world of skin care.
The Benefits Of Retinol
If you take this ingredient orally or as a cream to apply to your skin it can benefit your skin in many ways. One of those ways being able to clear your skin. Topical forms are said to to effectively treat acne. It works by unplugging your follicles and exfoliating your skin cells to keep your pores clear. It also works to eliminate bacteria that causes pimples, creating a two pronged acne destroying situation.
It also works to diminish the look of wrinkles. Because retinol is a powerful antioxidant, it helps to repair skin damage. It helps rejuvenate skin and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You’ll also experience the discoloration in your skin begin to lighten. Its derivatives are extremely effective in helping to even skin tone and face skin discoloration. This is due to its exfoliating properties, help to slough off dark cells to reveal lighter skin underneath.
It also provides fewer side effects than any other ingredient found on the market today and lastly, it works to shrink pore size. The size of your pores is usually set by genetics, but retinoids such as retinol can help improve your pore’s shape and size. This is done by exfoliating, which removes debris that may stretch your pores open.