For year, plastic surgery has become widely popular around the world. Today, you can cosmetically change areas of your body that you didn’t even know you could! Another popular thing amongst people is starting to cosmetically look like some of their favorite celebrities! However, many of them haven’t been successful and often look like a permanent balloon figure of themselves. Cosmetic surgery can be very harmful to your healthy and everyone reacts to it differently. Long story short, its is surgery and no matter what you are going to have some sort of side effect or another.
Now there are several different types of plastic surgery treatments and procedures. Most popular and not as invasive is Botox. This is also known as Botulinum Toxin, is a drug prepared from the bacterial toxin botulin, used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing facial muscles. There are many other types of surgeries that can happen all over your body such as, breast augmentation, face lifts, lipsuction, dermal fillers, skin rejuvenation and so much more! But as the whole point of this article, is that thousands of these procedures can be detrimental to your skin and health!
What Are The Negative Effects Of Plastic Surgery?
The world of plastic surgery has turned into $10.1 billion industry. Women make up about 91% of those cosmetic patients looking for quick fixes after being effected by the aging process. The unfortunate part about this is the growing number of patients is becoming younger and younger each year. This number also keeps rising each year. Here are some common complications that come along with plastic surgery.
- Hematoma. This is a pocket of blood that resembles a large, painful bruise. This typically occurs in 1-6 percent of breast augmentation procedures and is the most common complication after a face lift.
- Nerve Damage. That happens in many types of surgeries. What happens typically is numbness and tingling. Most women experience a change in sensitivity following breast augmentation surgery.
- Infection. This remains one of the more common complications in plastic surgery because the risk is very high. In some cases, the infection can be internal and sever, requiring IV antibiotics.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis & Pulmonary Embolism. Deep Vein Thrombosis is a condition where blood clots in deep veins, usually in the leg. When these clots break off to the lungs, it’s unknown as pulmonary embolism.
- Scarring. No matter what, surgery results in scarring. Hypertrophic scarring is an abnormally red and thick raised scar that occurs after 2-5 perfect of breast augmentation procedures.
- General Appearance Dissatisfaction. Sometimes people who undergo breast surgery may experience contouring or asymmetry problems, while those undergoing facial surgeries could simply not like the result.
- Organ Damage. Liposuction can be traumatic for internal organs. Visceral perforations or punctures can occur when the surgical probe comes into contact with internal organs. Repairing these can require additional surgery.
- Anesthesia Complication. Complications happen in forms of lung infections, stroke, heart attack, and even death. More common risks include waking up confused and disoriented, and shivering.
- Seroma. This is a condition that occurs when serum from your blood pools beneath the surface of the skin, resulting in swelling and pain. It looks like a large blister.
- Blood Loss. After surgery, some blood loss is expected. However, uncontrolled blood loss can lead to a drop in blood pressure with potentially deadly outcomes. This can happen while on the operating table, but also internally after surgery.
Incoming Eye Serum search terms:
- negative facts about plastic surgery (1)